The 10th Asian-Pacific Regional Meeting of The International Astronomical
August 3-6, 2008, Kunming, P.R. China
As a grand assembly of the Asia-Pacific astronomers, this meeting is
determined to construct a coordinated environment for research exchanging
and collaboration, as well as to maintain a sustainable development of the
regional astronomy and astrophysics.
The preliminary scientific topics of the meeting include:
- 1.Solar Physics, Sun-Earth Interaction, Planetary and Exo-planetary:
Physics and Dynamics.
- 2.Stellar Evolution, Activities, Binaries.
- 3.Compact Objects, Active Galactic Nucleus and High Energy Astrophysics.
- 4.The Milky Way, Interstellar Matter and Star Formation.
- 5.Galaxies and Cosmology.
- 6.Astronomical Instrumentation and Techniques.
- 7.Astrometry, Virtual observatory and others.
- 8.Education and Popularization of Astronomy.
The meeting site is Kunming, the capital of Yunnan Province in Southwest
China, with a history of more than 2400 years, which owes its importance
to the fact that it was the gateway to the celebrated Silk Road that
facilitated trade with Tibet, Sichuan, Myanmar and India. Today the city
is the political, economical and cultural center of Yunnan and the
provincial center for transport, science and technology and consequently
has become the most popular center for tourism in Southwest China. Kunming
enjoys a pleasant climate and does its best to live up to its title of
"the City of Eternal Spring"...
We believe that you will enjoy this setting as well as a fruitful